8.18.2011

Surfin' USA...

For our first vaca this summer we were invited down to California to hit up Newport Beach with my dad and step mom.  We flew down to Las Vegas first [Holy Hot!] and spent some time with my mom and hangin out poolside [fabulous].  Well come to find out, my parental units have been renting an apartment right on the beach since LAST FALL [hellooooo, why is this the first i'm hearing of it?! Come to think of it, they had been going down to So Cal more often than usual, but still!] So I do plan on taking advantage of this again with mi familia hopefully in the near future.  It was such a blast being on the beach and just being able to walk/ride bikes everywhere, swim in the cold ocean water and just relax.  But as all great vacations, it came to an end too soon.  We drove back to Vegas in a packed car, just to get home and get back in the car and drive out to Lake Mead and make a last minute boating/tubing trip.  I'm not sure James really understood what my "lake up-bringing" was really like.  It was so hot, that we didn't even take towels, because 5 mins. after you got out, you were completely dry.  When the boat is moving its like a blow-dryer right to the face.  We made it home safely and just in time for me to put a few hours in at work! [oh yay...back to work...]

Look at these DONUTS!

Matthew, Mason, Dalton and James

Mason and his modeling face

Look at all of those surfers!

He was being cute and trying to warm me up, but it wasn't happening, the water was way to chilly!

For some reason, he kinda reminds me of James Bond

Trying to catch some sea critters. We ended up with 3 little crabs, 2 hermit crabs and a star fish, which I made the little boys put back. I won't be having any star fishies dying on my watch.

My cutie surfer dude!

shredin'

I was sort of a pansie and had to wear this top to keep me warm.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Love the pics and not letting the starfish die on your watch made me laugh! You too are so cute. Glad you had a great trip and a break from work!

Natalie said...

Love the pics and not letting the starfish die on your watch made me laugh! You too are so cute. Glad you had a great trip and a break from work!

Natalie said...

Whoops....Well let's just make it three! Haha

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

Had no idea you parents had an apartment there! We don't hear anything from them! Glad you have fun though! We miss you guys and hope we get to see you in Vegas soon!